WinView, Inc. is a Silicon Valley-based company that intends to dominate synchronized televised sports gaming on a mobile device in the U.S. The Company will achieve this by leveraging its extensive experience in pioneering real-time interactive television games played on a mobile “second screen,” its 52 foundational patents, and unique business model.
Currently, WinView has an opening for a Data Scientist.
Career Opportunity: Data Scientist
This role will play a key part in designing and building out the analytics stack to facilitate data democratization, business intelligence reporting and deep analytic capabilities for WinView Games. That means this position will require a number of different skills from data design and architecture to conducting ad hoc analyses and building advanced statistical models. The right candidate will have technical experience with enterprise data environments as well as a keen analytic mind and ability to answer questions with data and insight using data mining techniques.
- Work with the Sr. Director to define, design and implement analytical data layer schema to support Machine Learning, Business Intelligence and Analytical capabilities.
- Work with a number of data system types and craft an effective ecosystem accommodating elements such as MongoDB, REST API, AWS Redshift, R, Python, etc.
- Perform advanced data analysis and create various statistical models utilizing advanced data mining techniques and statistical software.
- Drive the build out and refinement of the BI visualization layer and help train staff in a self-service environment under the direction of the Sr. Director of Analytics.
- Be a data and information expert that consults with other areas of the business at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Work with the Sr. Director of Analytics to build out the Analytics Stack road map and proactively drive implementation including gather requirements, Project manage and execute, Present updates on infrastructure projects.
- Effectively communicate project status and analytic findings to all parts of the business.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in statistics, data science, computer science, engineering or similar field.
- 4+ years of experience working with enterprise data systems and/or analytic and BI data environments.
- 3+ years of experience with BI Reporting platforms like Tableau, MicroStrategy, DOMO, etc. and creating data visualizations and dashboards.
- Familiarity with data architecture and schema design.
- Excellent SQL, AWS Redshift, MongoDB, Python or R skills.
- Familiarity with third party data collection platforms like MixPanel, Google Analytics, Apps Flyer, etc.
- Experience with SAS, SPSS, R or other statistical/analytical software.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solver, and attention to detail.
- Passionate about Sports and Gaming.
- Motivated self-starter, revels in a dynamic, fast changing environment and brings a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills.