- The 2017 NFL Playoffs are delivering yet another intense and exciting game this weekend as the New England Patriots battle it out against the Pittsburgh Steelers, marking the first time Brady and Roethlisberger have met in the postseason since Roethlisberger’s rookie year in 2004.
- Pittsburgh earned the trip to this game with a close victory over the Chiefs this past weekend. New England has looked very strong all year, but if there’s one AFC team that can tackle them it’s the ever-scrappy Pittsburgh Steelers.
- We are expecting a lot of ball control on the Steelers side as they attempt to keep Brady off the field.
- If Big Ben can accomplish that with a few pinpoint throws, Pittsburgh can stay in this game, however we still think the Patriots win here.
- Our score prediction for the game has the Patriots walking away with an 8-point win.
Patriots vs. Steelers Score Prediction: Patriots 28, Steelers 20
The New England Patriots will host the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship game Sunday from Gillette Stadium. The Steelers edged the Chiefs 18-16 on Sunday night and the Patriots handled the Texans 34-16 at home on Saturday night.
In today’s NFL news, this is considered a marquee face-off of arguably two of the greatest quarterbacks of this generation in Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger. These two have battled several times but haven’t met in the postseason since Big Ben’s rookie season.
But this isn’t going to just be a battle between Brady and Roethlisberger. Yes, the quarterback with the better game is going to have a good chance of also being on the winning team, but you also have to look at the offensive weapons involved for each team. It would seem that the Steelers have the edge there with their two-headed monster of Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell.
Of course, it’s not like the Patriots are lacking in offensive weapons of their own. While the team is without star tight end Rob Gronkowski, they still have plenty of not so secret weapons with Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Chris Hogan, and Michael Floyd.
However, with so many weapons on the field, this game is likely to be won by the better defense. Thus, we are picking the Patriots, who allowed the fewest points in the regular season and who are rated 2nd in overall defense.
The Steelers defense has been playing well, albeit against some uninspiring offenses. Through two rounds of postseason play, Pittsburgh has allowed a mere 28-combined points. Overall, though, the Patriots defense gives New England a big edge here. Plus the Patriots are playing at home, where the team rarely loses. The Patriots are 16-3 in home playoff games since the 2001 season.
Our NFL score prediction for this game is 28-20 favoring New England.
WinView Game is 100% free to play, and legal in every state in the U.S.