- The 2017 NFL Playoffs continue and this week the NFC’s road to the Big Game now runs through Atlanta, and either the Falcons or the visiting Green Bay Packers are going to come out victorious.
- These two teams will battle for the right to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl on Sunday. On one side, we have Matt Ryan and the high-flying Falcons offense, which averaged an NFL-best 33.8 points per game during the regular season.
- On the other, we have Aaron Rodgers and a Packers team that has managed to win eight in a row. Green Bay is ranked 15th in overall defense and the Falcons are ranked 17th in overall defense.
- What happens when you cross two average defenses with two of the most potent offenses in the league? You get a lot of points!
- We think it’s going to be a close game where every second of the play clock counts, but ultimately our vote is with Green Bay. Our NFL score prediction is putting the Packers on top by about 5 points.
Packers vs. Falcons Score Prediction: Packers 35 Falcons 30
The Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay Packers are the last two teams left standing in the NFC heading into this week’s NFC Championship Game. Both teams have high-powered offenses, with major holes in the defense that should lead to a high-scoring game.
The MVP votes are in, but that doesn’t make the upcoming passing duel between Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan any less compelling. They’ve been two of the best quarterbacks all season, and it comes down to who can play a little bit better through the rematch.
In the latest NFL news, Matt Ryan and the Falcons are fresh off of a 36-20 victory over the Seahawks. They were not expected to blow Seattle out the way they did, but the Falcons brought their A game. Atlanta now has to take on the hottest team in the NFL, which will be the biggest test of their entire season to date.
For as impressive as Rodgers was against the Cowboys, Matt Ryan was even more impressive in navigating the Seahawks defense. Not only that, but the Falcons run game behind the duo of Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman was spectacular enough to baffle Seattle as well.
Aaron Rodgers and the Packers defeated the No. 1 overall seeded Dallas Cowboys on the road by a final score of 34-31. They started the game off strong and were able to win it at the end. However, the Packers defense reverted back to its clumsy self by nearly losing a 15-point lead over Dallas in the third quarter. The Cowboys even out-gained Green Bay 429-414 in total offensive yardage, and this simply cannot be the case next Sunday against Atlanta’s very potent offense.
If the Packers offensive line—which is rated first overall in pass-blocking—can hold up against Atlanta’s pass rush, we believe the Packers will be able to come out with a win. Most football prediction sites have gone back and forth with this game because the teams are both so offensively strong.
This game could very well go to the team that scores last, and as we saw last week in Dallas, Rodgers and Co. don’t need a lot of time to make that final strike.
For this reason, our NFL score prediction is Green Bay defeating Atlanta 35-30.
WinView Game is 100% free to play, and legal in every state in the U.S.